Are you a Rigging TD?
- Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids and complex creatures
- Build and maintain rigs currently in production using internal tools;
- Assist in the creation of new rigs and rig components;
- Perform rig maintenance and fixes during production;
- Collaborate with the team to continue to develop internal rigging framework.
- Create tools with the Maya API and MEL scripts to enable Animators to create realistic animation
- Work with Lead TD's and Animators to develop and intergrate tools into a robust pipeline
- An extensive knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of bio-mechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals
- A thorough understanding of weighting and skinning and be able to work interactively with modelers to resolve challenges
- Demonstrated ability to rig a variety of characters / objects in a realistic, non-cartoon manner
- Scripting skills in Maya API, MEL scripting, Python and/or Perl
- The ability to manage time and balance priorities, with the pressures of busy, deadline-driven production.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of personalities, both written and verbal.
- The ability to take direction and work in a team focused environment
- A solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations