Are you a Matte Painter?
- Create photo realistic
- CG matte paintings that will be used as an element to either augment or replace live action footage
- Work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered cg elements and digital paint to create believable environments that will be seamlessly integrated into the film
- Professional level Photoshop experience
- Comfortability in a variety of implementations, be it 2D backdrops, textured elements/fixes and complex 2.5D/3D projections.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including color space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management (be it file format, bit depth resolution or appropriate layering of elements).
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on perspective, composition, depth, lighting and colour.
- Working knowledge of the basic principles of 3D texture projections in Maya and Mari
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional aptitude for time management in relation to bringing multiple priorities and tasks to completion within a set deadline.
- Resourceful, proactive, driven
- A rooftop patio with a million dollar view of Melbourne
- Really, really good coffee
- Paid vacation days - four weeks per year!
- Paid sick days (cough!)
- A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!
- Mates, not colleagues.