Are you a Freelance Video Editor?
Luma is seeking a Freelance Video Editor with a strong Editorial skill-set to service our Marketing endeavours.
- Make striking sizzle reels that stand out from the crowd
- Conceptualize and execute on original concepts for short form video compilations; work with a mix of live action, stock footage, visual effects, still imagery, motion graphics and typography to generate show reels, mood films, sizzle reels and marketing materials.
- Apply a strong design aesthetic through nuanced conceptualization and look development.
- Develop, design and generate motion graphics to be used within the edits in novel and unique ways.
- Distill abstract ideas into visual form by tapping into your knowledge of various mediums, content producers, filmmakers, artists, photographers and all other avenues of reference/inspiration.
- Communicate your passion for pop culture, the arts, music, fashion, digital entertainment and experiential executions.
- Collaborate efficiently with all departments to facilitate the creation of video materials.
- Work closely with supervisors and marketing manager to establish the goals of a perspective task and outline a roadmap to success.
- Push the creative boundaries by consistently striving to produce non-derivative, original and bold content.
- 3+ years editing and design experience; internship and/or school experience is acceptable.
- Proficiency in the following software: Final Cut and/or Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of CG software packages is a plus.
- A desire to further improve skills and techniques.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of editing workflows.
- Knowledge of hardware and software required for video and audio format conversion and compression.
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time.
- Experience in photography, videography and typography.
- The ability to learn new software, workflows and the implementation of new programs.
- Location, location, location - 1 block from the beach
- Full healthcare benefits
- Paid sick days (cough!)
- Ping pong & arcade machine
- Multiple studio doggies
- A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!
- Mates, not colleagues