Sometimes, brilliant ideas come to us in moments of inspiration, like "let's order some of the hottest sauces and try them all!"
So, we hosted a hot sauce eating competition to find out who could hit the heat the hardest. 20 masochistic Luma competitors took part in the contest...which got very heated very quickly. Emergency supplies like Tum Tums and wet wipes were provided in case we had one of these situations. Important warnings were communicated to the crew such as this handy article, and of course there were specific rules and a prize at stake!
- All sauces will be consumed one by one - this is not about speed!
- There will be a 2-minute break in-between consuming each sauce. If you can't keep up, you can't keep going.
- Only once piece of food per hot sauce sample can be eaten.
- Nothing may be eaten in-between sauces.
- Sauces must be completed in order of intensity and fully swallowed before going forward.
- You can not sip any beverage during the competition.
- There will be no moving from your allocated position - no bathroom breaks!
- No spitting. Once it's in, it's in.